The following topics are covered in this section:
- Database and Tables Creation
- MS SQL Server ODBC Setup
|NOTE: It is necessary to install the MS SQL Server 2008/2012 software, create the database and tables and setup the MS SQL Server ODBC connection so that the Synergy Server can communicate with the database.|
DATABASE AND TABLES CREATION
|NOTE: Server name is the machine name of the computer, where SQL Server is installed. If using SQL Server authentication, enter existing user name and password.|
NOTE: Docu-Proof Enterprise is a 32-bit application and hence requires the 32-bit ODBC wizard to setup an ODBC connection. If you try to create an ODBC connection in a 64-bit Operating System, it will use the 64-bit ODBC wizard and hence your ODBC setup will not be successful. In order to create an ODBC connection using the 32-bit wizard, navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and launch this wizard.
The following steps are required to create an ODBC setup:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Double click on the Administrative Tools option.
3. Double click on the Data Sources (ODBC) option.
4. The ODBC Data Source Administrator screen appears. Select the System DSN and click Add.
5. The Create New Data Source screen appears. Select SQL Server and click Finish.
6. Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen appears. In What name do you want to user to refer to the data source? Name, enter the ODBC data source name (DSN) that was entered in the Synergy Server DB Credentials window when installing Synergy Server (e.g. docuproof2). Type the Server name or select it from the drop down menu. Click Next >.
|NOTE: Server is the machine where MS SQL Server is installed.|
7. Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen appears. Select the appropriate authentication. Click Next >.
8. Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen appears. Check the Change the default database to option and select the previously created database (e.g. docuproof2). Click Next >.
9. Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen appears. Click Finish.
10. ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Setup screen appears. Click Test Data Source to check the connection with database.
11. SQL Server ODBC Data Source Test screen appears. It indicates whether the connection has been established or not. Click OK twice.
|NOTE: Check to ensure that the tests have completed successfully. If not, contact Global Vision Support.|
12. In the System DSN tab, on the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog, ensure that docuproof2 is listed in the System Data Sources list box. Click OK.
13. Reboot the system to start the Synergy Service. To activate the client application, go to Activating Your Docuproof Application.
|NOTE: This article is related to Docuproof (3.1.1). To access older versions, go to our Archived Documentation, select your version number, and download the Docuproof Enterprise Installation Guide.|