Upgrading to MySQL 5.5 is a 3-step process which includes:
- Back up the current MySQL 5.0 database and uninstall MySQL 5.0
- Continue running the Synergy Server Installer
- Restore the MySQL 5.0 database backup into the new MySQL 5.5 Instance.
BACKUP THE CURRENT MYSQL 5.0 DATABASE AND UNINSTALL MYSQL 5.0
1. Minimize the Welcome to the Synergy Server Setup Wizard screen.
2. From the Start menu, enter cmd.exe in the Search textbox.
3. Press Enter on your keyboard to access Windows Command Prompt.
4. Enter the following directory to access the mysqldump utility:
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin
To create the dump, run the mysqldump.exe program using the following arguments:
Mysqldump.exe –e –u[username] –p[password] –h[hostname] [database name] > C:\[filename].sql
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin>
Mysqldump.exe –e –uroot –pabc123 –hlocalhost Docu-Proof2 > C:\Docu-Proof2.sql
5. Press Enter.
6. Enter exit to close Command Prompt.
7. The dump file will be saved in .sql format in the specified location. In this case, it will be stored in the C:\ directory.
8. Navigate to Programs and Features in Control Panel, select MySQL Server 5.0 and click Uninstall.
9. Navigate to the MySQL folder in Window Explorer, Computer ⇒ OS (C:) ⇒ Program Files (x86).
10. Delete the MySQL folder.
11. The MySQL 5.0 uninstall is complete.
CONTINUE RUNNING THE SYNERGY SERVER INSTALLER
1. Restore the Welcome to the Synergy Server Setup Wizard screen. Click Next >.
2. License Agreement screen appears. Review the license terms.
If you accept the license agreement, click I Agree.
If you do not accept, cancel the installation and contact Global Vision.
3. Synergy Server Settings screen appears. MySQL is selected as the default database type.
If MySQL is the required database type, it will be installed as part of the Global Vision Unified Installation process, limited to a local installation. Click Next > and go to step 4.
If Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle is selected as the required database type, the Local or Remote Synergy Database Location options are enabled. Select the correct database location, click Next > and go to step 5.
4. The Synergy Server Settings screen appears with MySQL Database Installer options. Select MySQL Version 5.5 (Recommended) and click Next >.
5. Choose Components screen appears. The Synergy Server has three components: Synergy Server, MySQL Server and Synergy Server Database Setup. If MySQL is the database type, the Complete option is checked and all three components will be installed. If Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle is the database type, only the Synergy Server component is checked. Click Next >.
6. Synergy Server Network Settings screen appears.
If local authentication is required, check Do not use LDAP, click Next > and go to step 7.
If LDAP authentication is required, enter the following information in the text fields and click Next >:
- Domain Name: The name of a domain component (DC) where the Directory service is installed. NOTE: Additional domains may be added after installation as described in the Synergy Administration User Guide.
Host Name: The network name of the machine where the LDAP Server is installed.
User List Location: The User List Location is the directory path where the domain user account information is located. It is also referred to as an Organizational Unit (OU). NOTE: Additional OUs may be added after installation as described in the Synergy Administration User Guide.
The User List Location must be entered using the format XX.YY.ZZ where:
- XX = Top Level OU
- YY = Next Level O
- ZZ = Last level OU (optional)
To determine the name of the User List Location directory path, the Administrator is advised to use a directory browser such as Softerra LDAP Browser (www.Softerra.com). The following is an example of how to determine the User List Location within Global Vision’s directory structure using Softerra LDAP Browser.
The Root of the domain component (DC) is highlighted in blue. In this example, the root is GLOBALVISION01 and is where the Directory service is installed.
Navigate through the directory structure until the OU with all the required user names (CN) is reached. In the above example, OU = MyBusiness ⇒ OU = Quality Assurance has a list of user names: CN=qa test1, CN=qa test 1, etc. If this was the location of the required User List, the path MyBusiness.Quality Assurance would be entered in the Synergy Server Network Settings User List Location text box.
LDAP Port ID: Communication port for the LDAP server (default = 389).
Synergy Network Settings:
User Port ID: Communication port used for Docu-Proof Enterprise.
- Admin Port ID: Communication port used for Synergy Admin.
7. Synergy Server Email Settings screen appears. This screen refers to the Synergy Server Email Settings required to send email notifications from within Synergy Admin and Docu-Proof Enterprise. Choose one of the following Email settings:
Select Do not use Email Relay to have Microsoft Outlook send emails (if needed) and click Next >.
Use Email Relay SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to have emails sent by the Exchange Server. To use SMTP, enter the following information and click Next >.
Domain Name: The domain name of the machine where the e-mail exchange server software is located.
Host Name: The computer name of the machine where the email exchange server software is located.
Port ID: The default port value for SMTP (this value defaults to 25 - the standard SMTP port).
8. Choose Install Location screen appears. Choose the folder to install Synergy Server and click Next >.
9. The Synergy Server DB Credentials screen appears.
- Enter the Data Source Name (DSN), the administrator user name and password for the database instance that was backed up in Step 1 above.
- Service is displayed as MySQL55 by default.
- Enter the port number for the database and the Service Name. Click Next >.
10. A Synergy Server Setup message appears. Take note of the Service Name. Click OK.
NOTE: Specify this exact service name in the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard. Failure to do this will result in the Global Vision Synergy Service not starting.
11. A prompt message appears that The MySQL RDBMS V5.5 (32 bit) will be installed on your system. Click OK.
12. The installation continues with the configuration of MySQL Server 5.5.
13. Welcome to the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard screen appears. Click Next >.
14. MySQL Server Instance Configuration screen appears. Select Standard Configuration and click Next >.
15. MySQL Server Instance Configuration screen appears.
Ensure "Install As Windows Service" and "Include Bin Directory in windows PATH" are both checked.
NOTE: BOTH OPTIONS MUST BE CHECKED.
Verify the Service Name as per the Synergy Server Setup Warning message.
Click Next >.
16. MySQL Server Instance Configuration screen appears.
Ensure "Modify Security Settings" is checked. Enter root password as entered in an earlier step. Click Next >.
NOTE: ENSURE ROOT PASSWORD IS THE SAME AS ROOT PASSWORD ENTERED PREVIOUSLY.
17. MySQL Server Instance Configuration screen appears. Click Execute.
18. Click Finish.
19. Installation Complete screen appears. Click Next >.
20. Synergy Server Default Administrator Credentials screen appears.
Enter the User Name, password and email address to create a default administrator. Click Next >.
|Note: The user name is limited to 5-20 characters and the password is limited to 8-20 characters. A valid email address must be entered.|
21. A prompt message appears that the Default Administrator created successfully.
Note: This new Default Administrator will override the Default Administrator that exists in the database backup from Step 1.
22. Completing the Synergy Server Setup Wizard screen appears. Minimize the Completing the Synergy Server Setup Wizard screen.
RESTORE THE MYSQL 5.0 DATABASE BACKUP INTO THE NEW MYSQL 5.5 INSTANCE
1. From the Start menu, enter cmd.exe in the Search textbox.
2. Press Enter on your keyboard to access Windows Command Prompt.
3. In Command Prompt, enter cd\
4. Enter the following directory to access the MySQL utility:
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin
5. To restore the database backup, run the mysql.exe program using the following arguments:
mysql –u[username] –p[password] –h[hostname] [database name] < C:\Docu-Proof2.sql
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin>
mysql –uroot –pabc123 –hlocalhost Docu-Proof2 < C:\Docu-Proof2.sql
6. Press Enter.
7. Type exit to close Command Prompt.
8. Restart the Global Vision Synergy Server Service in Windows Services.
9. The previous database will be restored within the new MySQL 5.5 database.
Note: The Serial Number is not restored with this process. In order to activate Docu-Proof Enterprise, the steps in Activating Your Docuproof Application must be performed.
10. Restore the Completing the Synergy Server Setup Wizard screen.
11. Click Finish.
12. Continue with the Synergy Admin Installation.
Note: This article is related to Docuproof (3.1.1). To access older version, go to Archived Documentation, select your version number, and download the Docuproof Enterprise Installation Guide.