The following topics are covered in this section:
- Windows 7 Settings
- Microsoft Product Updates
- Font Settings
- XML/HTML Settings for Internet Explorer
- Network Connections
WINDOWS 7 SETTINGS
MICROSOFT PRODUCT UPDATES
It is recommended that Windows and other Microsoft products are kept up-to-date. To ensure Windows automatically checks for updates:
1. Navigate to Control Panel ⇒ Windows Update ⇒ Change Settings.
2. Ensure the Microsoft Update checkbox is checked. If not, check it.
3. Click OK.
4. In the Windows Update window, click Check for Updates to install any recent updates.
Prior to running the installation, ensure the <Hide fonts based on language settings> option is unchecked in Font Settings as follows:
1. To access Font Settings go to Start ⇒ Control Panel ⇒ Fonts.
2. Click on Font Settings.
3. Uncheck Hide fonts based on language settings option (if necessary).
4. Click OK.
XML/HTML SETTINGS FOR INTERNET EXPLORER
This option needs to be set in Internet Explorer for XML/HTML files to display properly on a network drive.
In the Internet Explorer, enable the settings as follows:
1. Tools ⇒ Internet options ⇒ Security ⇒ Local intranet ⇒ Custom level ⇒ Miscellaneous ⇒ Access data sources across domains ⇒ Enable
2. Click OK.
The following information is required to be entered during the installation to connect to different networks:
Additional details are provided in the Synergy Network Settings section.
|Note: All ports must be available and not blocked by the firewall.|
NOTE: This article is related to Docuproof (3.1.1). To access older versions, go to Archived Documentation, select your version number, and download the Docuproof Enterprise Installation Guide.