The application may be installed on one workstation or multiple workstations with the licensing service installed on a server. Alternatively, the application may be installed on a Citrix Server, Terminal Services Server or Web Server to allow multiple users to access the software from one location.
The Synergy Server (Global Vision Synergy Server Service) is installed as a Windows Service on a Windows platform. The server will start automatically when Windows starts.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Deployment Options
- Application Components
Schema 3 - Docu-Proof Complete is installed on one computer (with Windows terminal Services or Citrix Server) and clients are using Remote desktop or Web browser.
Schema 4 - Synergy Server, Docu-Proof Enterprise, and Synergy Admin are all installed on one computer and the Database is installed on another computer. Clients are using Remote desktop or Web browser.
|Note: Configuration only supports Oracle and MS SQL. Remote access to MySQL is not supported.|
There are two methods of authentication:
1. LDAP: The username, password, and password settings are maintained by the Windows Server O/S Active directory (Windows Server 2008 and later).
The Synergy Server supports the following databases:
- MySQL: v5.0, v5.5 (Included with the installer).
- MS SQL: 2008/2012 (Not included with the installer).
- ORACLE: 11g (Not included with the installer).
The system requires the following three components to be installed:
- Synergy Server: A Windows service which allows for Docu-Proof Enterprise and Synergy Admin database connectivity.
- Synergy Admin: Used for user maintenance, global settings configuration, event logging and license management.
- Docu-Proof Enterprise: The text comparator.
|NOTE: This article is related to Docuproof (3.1.1). To access older versions, go to Archived Documentation, select your version number, and download the Docuproof Enterprise Installation Guide.|