The following topics are covered in this section:
- PDF Viewer Options Panel
- PDF Viewer Toolbar
PDF VIEWER OPTIONS PANEL
The PDF Viewer launches when you load a PDF or AI file. It lets you preview an image and prepare it for inspection, if required, without modifying the original file. It consists of various panels and a toolbar as described in the following sub-sections.
To select an option, click the checkbox beside it or select one of its drop-down options:
- Enable overprint: Provides an on-screen simulation that approximates how blending and overprinting appears in color-separated output. The initial default is set to checked, while the user’s selection acts as the new default for subsequent inspections.
- Use the following page for region selection: When a file has multiple pages, you have the option to apply the die line on the next page to the artwork on the current page, when checked. This would be used if the die line is on the next page relative to the artwork (as opposed to the same page, as is the case with some files).
- PDF Page Boxes: Select the appropriate page box for shape selection:
- Media Box: Defaults to Media Box
- Trim Box: Defaults to Trim Box (to be used if your file is print-ready)
- Crop Box: Defaults to Crop Box
- Click the eye icon . The icon will be grayed out and the layer will not appear in the image.
To unhide a hidden layer:
- Click the eye icon . The icon will return to its default color and the layer will re-appear in the image.
The Separations panel displays the color separations present in the PDF file.
To hide a separation:
- Click the eye icon . The icon will be grayed out and the separation will not appear in the image.
- Click the eye icon . The icon will return to its default color and the separation will re-appear in the image.
The Process panel displays the process colors that are present in the PDF image.
To hide a process color:
- Click the eye icon . The icon will be grayed out and the process color will be hidden in the image.
- Click the eye icon . The icon will return to its default color and the process color will reappear in the image.
Layers and Separations Sub-Menu:
To select a sub-menu option:
- Right-click on a layer or separation to display the sub-menu.
- Click to select an option:
- Set shape as region & hide: The layer or separation will be detected as a shape and be hidden when the image is loaded into the Master/ Sample panel (with the shape outlined). Note: Only one layer or separation can be used for shape extraction at a time.
- Use as shape region: The layer or separation will be detected as a shape. The image will load into the Master/ Sample panel with the shape outlined. The layer or separation will not be hidden. Note: Only one layer or separation can be used for shape extraction at a time.
- Shape by default: The layer or separation will be detected as a shape. A yellow folder icon will display to the left of the selected layer to indicate it has been added to the Shape Library. Right-click to uncheck the option Shape by default. Note: Once the layer/ separation is added as a default shape, it is outlined as a shape in all subsequent image loads. Only the first shape added to the library is used for shape extraction. It is recommended that only die lines are added to the Shape Library.
- Hide by default: If you select this option, the selected layer or separation always stays hidden. The eye icon will be grayed out and a yellow folder icon will display. Right-click to uncheck the option. Note: Hide by default takes effect at the next load.
PDF VIEWER TOOLBAR
To select an area in the image to inspect or create a shape for repeat detection:
Click Rectangular Crop . Crosshairs will display.
- Left-click and select the desired area. A blue box will surround the selected area.
When you click Accept , the selected cropped area will display in the Master or Sample panel. Note: The minimum cropping area is 100 X 100 pixels.
To select an area in the image to magnify:
Click Rectangular zoom .
- Left-click and select the desired area using the crosshairs that appear. A blue box will surround the selected area.
- Release the button and the selected area will be magnified.
To magnify the image:
- Click Zoom in .
- Click Zoom out .
Fit to Window:
To restore the image to its original size:
- Click Fit to window .
To reload the file:
- Click Reload .
To exit the PDF Viewer and load the image in the Main View:
- Click Accept . The image will load in the Master/ Sample panel, letting you further prepare your images before running the inspection.
To exit the PDF Viewer and return to the Main View without loading the image:
- Click Close . The Main View will display.
|Note: Click the download link to access GlobalVision 4.0.0 User Guide.|