The following topics are covered in this section:
- File Menu
- Product Information
- Loading Files
The File Menu ⇒ contains the following options:
This section describes the basic steps to follow to enter product information that will automatically populate the header fields of a generated report. See Generating Reports for more information on that process.
Click File Menu ⇒ Product Information. The Product Information window will display.
Enter the relevant information in the Product Id, Product Name, Lot, and Comments fields as needed.
- Click Apply once all relevant information fields have been entered.
To load a file in either the Master or Sample panel and prepare it for inspection:
- Click File Menu ⇒ Load Master or Load Sample.
- You can alternatively double-click in the Master or Sample panel to launch the load-file window.
- You can also load a file by using “drag and drop”.
- Once the load-file window is launched, select the required file and click Open.
- If the file type is PDF or AI, the PDF Viewer will launch instead (see PDF Viewer).
|Note: There is more information on loading files in the respective step-by-step sections of each chapter dedicated to one of the individual inspection processes.|
To set the resolution of a master or sample file to be loaded:
- Click File Menu ⇒ Resolution.
- Choose between the options available (in DPI: 300, 400, 600, 800, 1200, or Custom…).
- If the selected DPI of a file you are loading is different than the Desired DPI setting in the profile being used, the following message will appear:
Click yes to change the DPI to the prescribed amount or click no to move ahead with the value you had set.
|Note: The Master and Sample files must be rasterized at the same DPI value. If they do not match, the following message will appear when you try to run the inspection:|
Click File Menu ⇒ Resolution.
- Click and enter your own value or press the arrows on either side of the box.
The following options are available in the Preferences window:
Language: The Application’s default setting is English.
- Hi-Contrast Difference Image: This option displays differences between the Master and Sample images in higher contrast. For more information, see Show Difference Image in the Graphics Sample Toolbar article.
- Mask Color: This option lets the user set the mask color, with the ability to pick screen or custom colors. For more information, see Show Mask in the Graphics Sample Toolbar article.
- RGB Profile: The RGB Profile is used to display the color space in the user interface. The default profile is AdobeRBG1998.icc.
- CMYK Profile: The CMYK Profile is used to display the color space in the user interface. The default profile is USWebCoatedSWOP.icc.
|Note: Click the download link to access GlobalVision 4.0.0 User Guide.|