The following topics are covered in this section:
- Audit Trail Overview
- View Audit Trail
- View Report from Audit Trail
- Filter Audit Trail
- Print Audit Trail
- Export Audit Trail
- Refresh Audit Trail
- Close Audit Trail
AUDIT TRAIL OVERVIEW
An audit trail is a secure, computer-generated, time-stamped log that independently records the date and time of operator entries and actions. Administrators can view, print, and export audit trails. The following table contains a list of the operator events that are logged and the possible descriptions for each event:
VIEW AUDIT TRAIL
To view an Audit Trail:
- Click File Menu ⇒ Administration ⇒ Audit Trail. The Audit Trail window will launch, showing the following information for each event: Date, Time, Username, Event, and Description.
To display details about an event:
Double-click the event in the Audit Trail window. The following information will display: Event Message, Event Type, Computer, Windows ID, User Level, Event Date, Event Time, User Name, and Full Name.
Click Close or click X at the top right of the Audit Event window to close it.
To view an inspection report from the Audit Trail window:
- Double-click the report event in the Audit Trail window.
- Click View Report to display the report in the default PDF reader.
Click File ⇒ Close or click X in the PDF reader to close it.
- Click Close or click X at the top right of the Audit Event window to close it.
|Note: On the Mac® Operating System, click Close or click X at the top left of the window to close it.|
FILTER AUDIT TRAIL
By default, the Audit Trail window displays all event types, for all users, for the current date.
A partial audit trail can be generated by filtering the event types, users, and dates as described below.
Event Type Filer
To filter an audit trail’s events:
Click the Event Types drop-down box.
- Select an event type. The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
To filter an audit trail by the user:
Click the User drop-down box to filter the username.
- Select a user. The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
To filter an audit trail by a date range:
Click the From drop-down box and select a date from the calendar menu.
Click the To drop-down box. Select a date from the calendar menu.
- The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
- Click Actions ⇒ Print in the Audit Trail window. The default PDF reader will launch, displaying the audit trail.
Select the applicable printer from the PDF reader and click Print.
EXPORT AUDIT TRAIL
To export an audit trail as a .csv file:
- Click Actions ⇒ Export in the Audit Trail window. The Export window will display.
- Select a folder location and enter a file name.
- Click Save.
REFRESH AUDIT TRAIL
To refresh an audit trail and update the events:
- Click Actions ⇒ Refresh in the Audit Trail window.
CLOSE AUDIT TRAIL
To close the Audit Trail window:
- Click Actions ⇒ Close in the Audit Trail window.
- You can alternatively click the X at the top of the window.
|Note: Click the download link to access GlobalVision 4.0.0 Administration Guide.|