- File Menu
- View Menu
- Help Menu
LOAD: Gives you the ability to load saved pre-scanned Braille dot files in the *.bpd format.
PREVIEW: Shows a preview of the sample to be inspected.
SAVE: Saves the Braille-inspected sample results in the *.bpd format for future reference.
BRAILLE LANGUAGE: Select Braille Language to display the language-translation menu options.
LANGUAGES: Choose the Braille language of the sample being inspected to get the proper translation. The following languages are supported: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, and Ukrainian.
|Note: For proper translation, select the Braille language of the sample being inspected.|
IMPORT: New language libraries can be imported by selecting Import and loading a new “Languages.bpl” file provided by Global Vision.
BATCH MODE: Select Batch Mode to enable batch inspection of samples.
The following features are implemented in Batch Mode:
- Information panel displays a running total of the number of inspections.
- Information panel displays the calculated results of all samples inspected.
- Setup and the number of lines selected are retained.
- Marquee area selection and position are retained.
- Reports generated while in Batch Mode will contain detailed information for each inspection performed.
RESET BATCH: Resets the inspection sample counter back to zero and clears the Main system window.
RETRACT / EJECT PLATEN: Retracts the platen if it is in the eject position. Ejects the platen is in the retract position.
RESET SCANNER: Re-initializes the hardware and aligns the Braille dots sensors.
CHANGE PASSWORD: Option to change user login password.
- Select Change Password.
- Password dialog box is displayed.
- Enter old password.
- Enter new password.
- Re-enter new password to confirm the password.
- Click the Update button.
- Change Password dialog box is displayed.
- Click OK.
LOG OUT: Option to logout and login as a new user.
- Select File ⇒ Logout.
- The Login dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a valid User Name and Password and click Log In.
EXIT: Retracts the platen back into the system and exits the software.
The following options are available in the View dropdown menu.
- TEXT: Shows/hides the translated text of the detected Braille dots.
- DOTS: Shows/hides detected Braille dots.
- GRID: Shows/hides the vertical/horizontal grid lines.
- PROFILE: Shows/hides the waveform for the detected Braille dots.
- RESTORE: Restores the display to best fit the zoom level.
- ZOOM IN (+): Magnifies the view of the displayed image by selecting Zoom In +.
- ZOOM OUT (–): Reduces the size of the displayed image by selecting Zoom Out -.
The following options are available in the Help drop-down menu.
- HELP: Opens the BraillePoint User Guide.
- ABOUT: Displays the BraillePoint About window, which features version details and Global Vision contact links.