1. What does Cross Out Text do?
Cross out Text allows you to cross out text that is to be excluded in the inspection.
2. How do I cross out text?
Click Cross out Text, then click and drag the cursor to select the desired text. The text is crossed out in red. Press the Ctrl key on your keyboard while selecting the text for optimal selection.
3. How do I deselect/undo my cross-outs?
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® and Mozilla® Firefox®: Click the Hand Tool on the Master or Sample Toolbar, click on the crossed-out text, and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Apple® Safari®: Click Hand Tool on the Master or Sample Toolbar, click the crossed-out text, right-click, and select Delete from the context menu.
4. Can I cancel my cross-outs using underlines?
Yes. In a multi-page file, SpellProof only cancels the cross-outs on the page where Underline Text is applied. To cancel cross-outs in a multi-page file using Underline Text, apply Underline Text to each page.
5. How do I cross out identical text?
Click Select Text on the Preview Toolbar. Double-click to select the desired word. Right-click and select "Cross out all instances of ..." (Hint: The best way to select a word is to double click. If you select a word by dragging the mouse across it, you may inadvertently include a space before or after the word. SpellProof then includes that space when looking for identical text.)
|Note: SpellProof does not cross-out identical text for words that contain special characters or symbols. For example, you would not be able to cross out all instances of the word "SPELLPROOF™" because of the superscript.|
6. Can I combine Cross out Text with Crop, Underline Text?
- Yes. However when combining Cross out Text and Crop on the same page, the cross-out must be made within the cropped region.