This guide provides the information and procedures required to use the BraillePoint software. It assumes that the user has basic knowledge of the Microsoft® Windows operating system.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- System Startup
- Software Startup
- Press the blue Power button to start up the system.
- The Power Indicator LED light should turn on.
- The system's hardware initialization mode should start up.
- The LCD panel should display the initialization sequence: Home Y, Home X, Stage, Eject, and Idle.
- The system should now be ready to inspect Braille samples.
Note: The Emergency Stop button can be pressed to stop all mechanical and electronic states. Turning the Emergency Stop button clockwise will re-initialize the system.
- Double-click the BraillePoint icon on the desktop. The BraillePoint login window appears.
- Enter a valid User Name and Password and click Log In.
- When the Splash screen appears, the system enters calibration mode. During calibration mode, the user does not have access to the hardware device.
- The Main System window should launch.
- Once the calibration mode is completed, the platen should eject to allow for the placement of samples for inspection.
- Select Help ⇒ About from the File menu to get version details and GlobalVision contact links.
- Select Help ⇒ Help from the File menu for BraillePoint User Guide information.
- In the main system window from the menu bar, select File ⇒ Close or click X in the top right corner.
- Click Yes in the exit confirmation box.
- A Popup message displays asking the user to remove the sample and magnets from the platen. Remove sample and magnets and click OK.
- Software is exited and the platen retracts back into the system