The following topics are covered in this section:
- User Maintenance
1. How do I reset a user's password?
An administrator can reset a user’s password if it is a local account only:
- Click File Menu ⇒ Administration ⇒ User Maintenance. The User Maintenance window will display.
- Double-click a user to select it. The User Editor window will display.
- Check the Reset Password checkbox.
- Enter a temporary password in the Temporary Password text box.
- Click Accept to generate an e-mail containing the temporary password.
- Send the e-mail to the user. The user will be prompted to reset their password at their next log-in.
1. What is the difference between a Digital profile and a Proof profile?
A Digital profile is used to inspect original artwork created by a graphics department against revised editions. Before the artwork is sent to be printed, it needs to be reviewed, approved, and signed off. During these reviews, changes in the artwork may be requested (revision 01, 02…), i.e., if a word is misspelled, a wrong barcode is being used, the color is not right, etc. The Digital profile does not use image correction logic such as distortion, rotation, and skew.
A Proof profile is used for the inspection of original artwork created by a graphics department against a printer’s proof (what the artwork looks like after it is printed). It is also used for the inspection of a printer’s proof against the printed hard copy. Once the printer creates a proof, it is sent back to the customer who provided the original artwork to obtain approval before printing. The Proof profile uses distortion, rotation, and skew to compensate for changes in the image.
1. Cannot contact the Login Management Server at Host...
This means connectivity to the Login Management server has been lost. Try launching the Application again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator to verify the connectivity.
2. Cannot connect to the GlobalVision License Server! Display Licensing dialog.
You must be connected to the license server. If you are not sure, contact your administrator.
3. There is not enough physical memory available... Do you want to continue with disk swapping?
The inspection requires more physical memory than is available. You need to ensure that your system meets or exceeds the recommended amount of memory to run the Application. In cases where the required memory slightly exceeds the available memory, virtual memory can be used.
If you want to continue with disk swapping:
- Close all programs that are not being used.
- Click Yes. The inspection will continue, but will take longer to complete.
If you do not want to continue with disk swapping:
- Click No to cancel the inspection.
DOWNLOAD THE GLOBALVISION ADMINISTRATION GUIDE HERE