The following topics are covered in this section:
- View Audit Trail
- View Report from Audit Trail
- Filter Audit Trail
- Print Audit Trail
- Export Audit Trail
- Refresh Audit Trail
- Close Audit Trail
An audit trail is a secure, computer-generated, time-stamped log that independently records the date and time of operator entries and actions. Administrators can view, print, and export audit trails. The following table contains a list of the operator events that are logged and the possible descriptions for each event:
VIEW AUDIT TRAIL
To view an Audit Trail:
- Click File Menu ⇒ Administration ⇒ Audit Trail. The Audit Trail window will launch, showing the following information for each event: Date, Time, Username, Event, and Description.
To display details about an event:
- Double-click the event in the Audit Trail window. The following information will display: Event Message, Event Type, Computer, Windows ID, User Level, Event Date, Event Time, User Name, and Full Name.
- Click Close or click X at the top right of the Audit Event window to close it.
VIEW REPORT FROM AUDIT TRAIL
To view an inspection report from the Audit Trail window:
- Double-click the report event in the Audit Trail window.
- Click View Report to display the report in the default PDF reader.
- Click File ⇒ Close or click X in the PDF reader to close it.
- Click Close or click X at the top of the Audit Event window to close it.
FILTER AUDIT TRAIL
By default, the Audit Trail window displays all event types, for all users, for the current date.
A partial audit trail can be generated by filtering the event types, users, and dates as described below.
Event Type Filter
To filter an audit trail’s events:
- Click the Event Types drop-down box.
- Select an event type. The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
To filter an audit trail by the user:
- Click the User drop-down box to filter the username.
- Select a user. The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
To filter an audit trail by a date range:
- Click the From drop-down box and select a date from the calendar menu.
- Click the To drop-down box. Select a date from the calendar menu.
- The filtered list will display in the Audit Trail window.
PRINT AUDIT TRAIL
To print out an audit trail:
- Click Actions ⇒ Print in the Audit Trail window. The default PDF reader will launch, displaying the audit trail.
- Select the applicable printer from the PDF reader and click Print.
EXPORT AUDIT TRAIL
To export an audit trail as a .csv file:
- Click Actions ⇒ Export in the Audit Trail window. The Export window will display.
- Select a folder location and enter a file name.
- Click Save.
REFRESH AUDIT TRAIL
Click Actions ⇒ Refresh in the Audit Trail window.
CLOSE AUDIT TRAIL
Click Actions ⇒ Close in the Audit Trail window.
- You can alternatively click the X at the top of the window.
DOWNLOAD THE GLOBALVISION ADMINISTRATION GUIDE HERE