1. How do I view a report?
There are two ways to view a report: On the Home page under My Reports, click the application icon to the left of the report link or click the report link. Alternatively, click the link in the email you received after a successful inspection.
2. How many reports can I store on my Home page?
A maximum of 100 reports may be stored on your Home page. When you try to perform the 101st inspection, Proofware notifies you that you must delete at least one report before continuing.
3. How do I delete my inspection reports?
On the Home page, check the box or boxes on the far right side of the report or reports to be deleted and click Delete selected files(s). Click Delete on the prompt “The selected file(s) will be permanently deleted. The message “Successfully deleted file(s) will display once the reports are deleted.
4. How can I delete ALL of my inspection reports?
On the Home page, click Select All on the bottom of the page. All the boxes on the far right side of the reports are selected. Click Delete selected files(s). Click Delete on the prompt and the selected file(s) will be permanently deleted. A confirmation message will display once the reports are deleted.
5. Where can I find my inspection reports?
Inspection reports are listed in the Home page under My Reports.
6. On the Home page, what's the difference between "My Files" and "My Reports"?
Files loaded into Notes are listed in My Files. Inspection reports are listed in My Reports.
7. How can I tell which master file and sample file were used when the inspection was run?
In My Reports, the Master file name is included in brackets to the right of the Report type, for example: DocuProof Report (Master file name). The Sample file name is displayed to the right of File: For example: File: Sample file name.
8. What should I do if I can't read the full Sample file name in My Reports?
Hover the mouse over the partially displayed file name next to File: to view the entire file name.
9. My Reports shows a timestamp (time, date, timezone) next to the report. Is this the time that I saved the report?
No. It is the time that the report was first generated. If a report failed to generate, the timestamp shows the time that the report failed.
10. My Files shows a timestamp (time, date, timezone) next to the file. Is this the time that I saved the file?
No. It is the time that the file was first loaded into Notes.
11. What timezone does Proofware use?
Proofware uses the timezone where the server is installed.
12. What does Download selected file(s) do?
It downloads a PDF report.
13. What does Upload the selected file(s) to Notes do?
It loads the file into Notes.
14. What does Delete the selected file(s) do?
It permanently deletes the reports from the server.
15. What does Create annotated artwork file do?
Upload the selected file(s) to Notes: Uploads the original artwork file with annotated differences to Notes. Annotations with the inspection results for the selected levels (DocuProof, ArtProof, and SpellProof) are automatically added to the artwork file and a "Notes" view is created that can be shared to make appropriate changes.
Download selected file(s) and Download the PDF Report: Downloads the original artwork file with annotated differences to a PDF file. Annotations with the inspection results for the selected levels (DocuProof, ArtProof, and SpellProof) are automatically added to the artwork file.
16. What does Include Master file do? (DocuProof, ArtProof only)
It includes the Master file in the PDF report.
17. How do I include the Master file in the report? (DocuProof, ArtProof only)
Click Include Master file in Report Options to include the Master file when downloading a PDF report.
18. I tried to upload a file to Notes but got the message: "One of the reports you have selected has a Failed or In Process status and is not available." The status on the Home page shows "Completed" so why did I get the message?
You most likely clicked Proofware Home before the inspection completed. Be sure to wait until the inspection process completes before clicking Proofware Home.
19. How can I forward the original artwork file with annotated differences to a Proofware user to make changes?
On the Home page, select the file to be forwarded. Click Download selected file(s), check Create annotated artwork file, and press Continue. Open the PDF file that includes annotations with the inspection results. Use the Adobe PDF Viewer Send functionality to forward the annotated file to a Proofware user.
20. How do I download a PDF report?
There are two ways to download a PDF report: From the Report panel of the application, click Download the PDF Report located on the top right corner of the panel. Alternatively, on the Home page, check the box on the far right side of the report and click Download selected files(s).
21. How do I select which differences I want to include in my PDF report? How do I filter on levels in the report? (DocuProof, ArtProof, SpellProof only)
In Report Options, check the box next to the level to be included. If none of the levels are selected, all levels are included in the report.
22. How do I include the Master file in the report? (DocuProof, ArtProof only)
Click Include Master file in Report Options.
23. How do I select multiple reports and combine them into one report?
On the Home page, select the report(s) to include in the combined report by clicking the checkbox to the far right of the report. Click Download selected report(s).
24. When I selected Download selected file(s) in the Home page, the report includes reports that I didn't select. Why?
After a combined report has been generated, the reports remain selected on the Home page. You must deselect all the reports that you do not want for your next download. A quick way to deselect all reports is by refreshing the web page. When you exit the Home page, all reports are deselected as well.
25. My inspection shows status 'Failed' on the Home page. What went wrong?
The maximum waiting time for a report to be generated is 30 minutes. If your report could not be generated within 30 minutes, Proofware sends you a notification email and marks the report as 'Failed' in the Home page.
26. My inspection report status seems to be stuck at “'In Process'”. What happened?
If your report cannot be generated in 30 minutes, Proofware sends you a notification email and sets the report status to 'Failed' in the Home page. If it has been more than 30 minutes and the status still shows as 'In Process', then your inspection report process is frozen. Please email email@example.com
to report the issue.
27. How do I print a report?
The downloaded PDF report can be printed by clicking Print in the Report viewer.