1. What are Master and Sample files?
A Master file acts as the main or original file. A Sample file is usually a modified copy of the Master file.
2. What file extensions are allowed for each application?
All applications and their permissible file extensions are listed in the table below:
3. What is the maximum file size I can upload?
It is recommended that you load files with a maximum file size of 200 MB.
4. Can I opt not to send an email when performing an inspection?
No. An email is automatically sent from Proofware as part of the inspection process.
5. Why is there a message on my Login page that says "The session has timed out. Please sign in again."?
You received the message because you were inactive for 30 minutes. Proofware logs the user out after 30 minutes of inactivity as a security precaution.
6. Why is there a message on my File Upload page that says "Files cannot be loaded due to permissions. Please check security settings."?
The file(s) that you attempted to load are protected by the owner. They might be password protected. Please remove the file protection so that Proofware can load the files.
7. If I run an inspection in one application, can I load the same file(s) in another application without having to select the file(s) again?
Yes. Click the application icon at the bottom left of the Report panel. The selected application launches and the file(s) are loaded in the Preview panel.
8. How do I view the audit log?
Only the Proofware System Administrator can view the audit log from the System Setup page.
9. How do I create custom levels and comments?
Only the Proofware System Administrator can create custom levels and comments from the System Setup page.
10. How do I change/update the User Dictionary?
Only the Proofware System Administrator can change/update the User Dictionary from the System Setup page.