1. What is live text?
Live text is text that the user can search, select, highlight, copy, and paste. Live text is the text that can be inspected. Another term for live text is "inspectable text".
2. How can I tell what text is live/inspectable?
Click Show Inspectable Text on the Master, Sample, or Report Toolbar. The live/inspectable text is underlined in orange and, in the Report panel, numbers are highlighted in red. Click Show Inspectable Text again to remove the orange underlines and red highlights.
3. How do I perform a partial inspection?
- Select Crop, Cross out Text, Underline Text, Create Zone, Layers (PDF/AI files only) for partial inspection.
- Crop: The cropped area is included in the inspection. Click Crop. Left-click and drag the cursor to select the crop area. The crop area is surrounded by a red box.
- Cross out Text: Text is excluded from the inspection. Click Cross out Text, then click, and drag the cursor to select the desired text. The text will be crossed-out in red.
- Underline Text: The underlined text is included in the inspection. Click Underline Text, then click, and drag the cursor to select the desired text. The text is underlined in green.
- Create Zone: The zone region is included in the inspection. Click Create Zone. Left-click and drag the cursor to select the text in the Master panel to be included in the region and then select the matching text in the Sample panel. The zone is highlighted in orange. Note: You can also create table zones.
- Layers: The selected layer is included in the inspection. Click Layers on the left side of the panel. Check the layers to be included in the inspection. Uncheck the layers that you do not want included in the inspection.