1. What does Barcode Inspection do?
Barcode Inspection automatically decodes and grades barcodes.
2. What is the difference between decoded and graded barcodes?
A decoded barcode is a barcode whose values have been translated into letters and numbers. A graded barcode is graded on a scale from A - F.
3. What types of barcodes are decoded?
The following 1D barcodes are decoded: Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, MSI, Pharma Code (Rotated 0 and 180 degrees decode values), RSS/ GS1 Databar, RSS/ GS1 Databar Stacked, RSS/ GS1 Databar Limited, RSS/ GS1 Databar Expanded, RSS/ GS1 Databar Expanded Stacked, TelePen, EAN (13 Digits), EAN (8 Digits), UPC-A, and UPC-E.
The following 2D barcodes are decoded: Data Matrix, GS1 DataMatrix, QR, and Micro QR.
4. How do I inspect files with Barcode Inspection?
Click the Barcode Inspection icon on your Home page. The Barcode Inspection selection screen displays.
- Click the Choose File (Browse) button to select and upload the file that has barcodes to decode and grade. See File Loading.
- Specify an e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged-in user.
- Click Upload Files (Submit). The files load in the Master/ Sample Preview panels.
- Use the selection tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See Selection Tools.
- Click to the left of the Preview panel to expand the Options.
- Select the required page (if it's a multi-page file).
- Click Start Inspection. The inspection results display in the Report panel. See Generate an Inspection Report.
- Click Previous < and Next > to navigate through the barcodes. See View and Proof Inspection Results.
- Click Save to save the report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download the PDF Report to view the report or Share Report to send the report to other users. See Report Options.