1. What does BarProof do?
BarProof automatically decodes and grades barcodes.
2. What is the difference between decoded and graded barcodes?
A decoded barcode is a barcode whose values have been translated into letters and numbers. A graded barcode is graded on a scale of A-F.
3. What types of barcodes are decoded?
The following 1 dimensional barcodes are decoded: Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, MSI, Pharma Code (Rotated 0 and 180 degrees decode values), RSS/GS1 Databar, RSS/GS1 Databar Stacked, RSS/GS1 Databar Limited, RSS/GS1 Databar Expanded, RSS/GS1 Databar Expanded Stacked, TelePen, EAN (13 Digits), EAN (8 Digits), UPC-A, UPC-E
The following 2 dimensional barcodes are decoded: Data Matrix, GS1 DataMatrix, QR, and Micro QR.
4. How do I inspect files with BarProof?
- Click the Browse button to select and upload the file that has barcodes to decode and grade. See the section on File Loading.
- Specify the e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged-in user.
- Click Submit and the file should load in the Preview panel.
- Use the Selection Tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See the section on Selection Tools.
- Click on the left of the Preview panel to expand the Options panel.
- Select the required page (if multi-page file).
- Click Start Inspection and the inspection results should display in the Report panel. See the section on Generate Inspection Report.
- Click next (>) to navigate through the differences. See the section on Viewing and Proofing Inspection Results.
- Click Save to save the Report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download PDF to view the report or share to share the report with other users. See the section on Report Options.