The following topics are covered in this section:
- User Manager Module
- Add User
- Edit User
- Show Inactive Users
- Print the User List
- Close the User Manager
|Note: The Administration module allows the administrator to add and manage users, view audit logs, configure security settings and calibrate the table. Only BraillePoint administrators have access to the Administration module.|
USER MANAGER MODULE
- Select File ⇒ Administration ⇒ User Manager.
- The User Manager window should display.
User Manager Window
- Click Add in the User Manager window.
- The Add User window is displayed.
Add User Window
Enter the following information in the Add User window:
- User Name
- User e-mail address (optional)
- User first name
- User last name
- Select the access level by clicking the Access Level dropdown menu
- Temporary password
- The Password expiry date can be changed by entering a new date or clicking the Password Expiry calendar drop-down menu.
- Click Add to add the new user.
- The User Manager window will display listing information on the new user (user name, active status, access level, first/last Name, e-mail address, date user was created, and password expiry date).
- Click Cancel to not add the user and close the Add User window.
- Select a user in the User Manager window.
- The user will highlight in blue.
- Click Edit in the User Manager window.
|Note: The Edit User window can also be launched by right-clicking a user in the User Manager window and selecting Edit.|
- The Edit User window is displayed containing the selected user information.
EDIT USER WINDOW
Edit and/or add additional user information in the Edit User window:
- User e-mail address
- First name
- Last name
- Change a user's access level by clicking the Access Level drop-down menu.
- Change a user's active status by checking or unchecking the Active checkbox .
Note: The User's active status can also be changed by right-clicking the user in the User Manager window and selecting Toggle Inactive (If they are active) or Toggle Active (If they are inactive).
- A popup window will be displayed “Are you sure you want to <activate / de-activate> this user?” .
- Reset the user password by checking the Reset Password checkbox .
Note: Once the Reset Password check box has been checked, a new temporary password must be assigned to the user in the Password field .
- The Password Expiry date can be changed by entering a new date or clicking the Password Expiry calendar drop-down menu.
- Click Update to update the user information.
- The User Manager Window is displayed listing updated information on the user.
- Click Cancel to not update the user information just entered and close the Edit User window.
- Click Show Inactive to display all active and inactive users in the User Manager window.
- Click Print to display the Print drop-down menu.
- Select Print to display the User List in Adobe® Acrobat®.
- The User List contains all active users by default with the following information: user name, status, level, first name, last name, e-mail, created and password expiry.
Note: Click Show Inactive to print all active and inactive users.
- To save the User List, select File ⇒ Save As, enter the desired filename, and select the location to save the file.
- To print the User List, select File ⇒ Print, select the desired printer from the Print dialog and click Ok. The User List will be printed to the specified printer.
- Select Export to launch the User List dialog box.
- Select a save file location, enter a file name, and click Save.
- Click Close to close the User Manager window.
|NOTE: This article is related to Braillepoint (3.1.2). To access older versions, go to our Archived Documentation, select your version number and download the Braillepoint Administration Guide.|