1. What does Spelling Inspection do?
Spelling Inspection checks for spelling errors in the live text content within a document, compares the text against one or more standard language dictionaries, and generates a report that lists all detected spelling errors. You can view the spelling errors in a web browser and you can also download a PDF report. The PDF report includes a detailed list of the spelling errors along with a highlighted document containing red-numbered tags associated with the errors.
2. How do I inspect files with Spelling Inspection?
Click the Spelling Inspection icon on your Home page. The Spelling Inspection selection screen displays.
- Click the Choose File (Browse) button to select and upload the file you would like to check. See File Loading.
- Specify an e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged-in user.
- Click Upload File (Submit). The file loads in the Preview panel.
- Use the text selection tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See Text Selection Tools.
- Click to the left of the Preview panel to expand the Options
- Select your desired options. See Inspection Options.
- Click Start Inspection. The inspection results display in the Report panel. See Generate an Inspection Report.
- Click Previous < and Next > to navigate through the differences. Use the Difference List to view all differences. Assign a default level and comment to a given difference by clicking on the corresponding column in the Difference List. See View and Proof Inspection Results.
- Click Save to save the report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download the PDF Report to view the report or Share Report to send the report to other users. See Report Options.