1. What does SpellProof do?
SpellProof checks for spelling errors in the live text content within a document. SpellProof compares the text against one or more standard language dictionaries and generates a report that lists all detected spelling errors. You can view the spelling errors in a web browser and you can also download a PDF report. The PDF report includes a detailed list of the spelling errors along with a highlighted document containing red numbered tags associated with the errors.
2. How do I inspect files with SpellProof?
Click Spelling in your Home page. Getting Started with SpellProof should display.
- Click the Browse button to select and upload the file to be checked for spelling errors. See the section on File Loading.
- Specify the e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged-in user.
- Click Submit. The file loads in the Preview panel.
- Use the text selection tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See the section on Text Selection Tools.
- Click on the left of the Preview panel to expand the Options panel.
- Select the required language from the list of languages. See the section on Inspection Options.
- Select the required pages (if applicable). See the section on Inspection Options.
- Click Start Inspection. The inspection results should display in the Report panel. See the section on Generate Inspection Report.
- Click next (>) to navigate through the differences. Use the Difference List to view all differences.
- Select default Levels and Comments by right-clicking the columns. See the section on Levels and Comments.
- Click Save to save the Report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download PDF to view the report or share to share the report with other users. See the section on Report Options.