Keeping i-COUNT™ in good working order can be very simple. The following topics are covered in this section:
- i-COUNT Calibration
- i-COUNT Troubleshooting
A daily calibration procedure is recommended prior to counting.
The calibration tool should comprise a reference Master insert tray with a verified count. The verified total for each row should be clearly marked on the tray along with the tray total. This should be done on all Master (standard) reference trays.
Prior to counting production trays, the Master tray should be counted to verify that calibration and setup are correct.
|Image is not clear
- Firmly connect cables.
- Tighten all screws.
- Adjust lens aperture and focus.
- Verify monitor brightness and contrast.
- Check lighting sources.
|Row count is not accurate
- Shrink wrap may be too wrinkled. Remove if possible.
- Tray edge may be counted as an insert.
- Resize and reposition red box.
- Sensitivity of the system not set correctly.
- Adjust camera setup.
- Lighting may be too dim. Adjust aperture.
- Inserts not well defined on the monitor. Adjust zoom and focus.
- Check the value of the count offset.
|Spots on image
- Clean exterior and interior of the lens.
|No image from the camera
- Verify that the camera power and cables are connected properly.
- Verify that the camera power indication light is illuminated.
- Check that the camera aperture is set open.
- Check that the lens cover has been removed.
|System does not boot up
- Check the power of the system and monitors.
- Make sure power bars are on.
- Check computer and monitor power cables.
- Remove any disks from CD and DVD drives.
- Check mouse and keyboard connections.