1. What does Docuproof do?
DocuProof compares text content in your documents or artwork, detects the differences between a Master and a Sample and generates an inspection report. The inspection report is displayed in a web browser and can also be downloaded as a PDF report. The PDF report includes a detailed list of the differences along with a highlighted document containing red numbered tags associated with the differences. Optionally, DocuProof also:
- compared embedded images in PDF files and detects the difference between them
- automatically decodes and grades barcodes
- automatically detects and translates Braille regions and provides dot inspection information
2. How do I inspect files with DocuProof?
- Click Text in your Home page.
- Getting Started with DocuProof should display.
- Click the Browse button to select and upload the Master files you would like to compare. Click + to upload multiple master files. Click - to remove files. See the article on File Loading.
- Click the Browse button to select and upload the Sample file you would like to compare. See the article on File Loading.
- Choose the Remove Headers/Footers (Word files only) option to automatically remove headers and footers in the documents, if required.
- Choose the Correct Display Issues (PDF files only) option if the fonts in a PDF file are corrupted.
- Specify an e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged in user.
- Click Submit and the files will load in the Master/Sample Preview panels.
- Use the text selection tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See the article on Text Selection.
- Click on the left of the Preview panels to expand the Options panel.
- Select your desired options. See the article on Inspection Options.
- Click Start Inspection. The inspection results display in the Report panel. See the section on Generating an Inspection Report.
- Click next (>) to navigate through the differences. Use the change grid to view character changes. Use the Difference List to view all differences. Select default Levels and Comments by right-clicking the columns. See the section on Difference Navigation.
- Click Save to save the Report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download PDF to view the report or share to share the report with other users.