1. What types of differences does Text Inspection detect?
Text Inspection detects the following types of differences for live text content:
- Soft Hyphen
- Line Break (Space)
- Font Type
- Fonts (Mixed)
- Sub/Super (Subscript/Superscript)
- Minimum Font
2. What does Select All do in Difference Filters?
It selects all the difference filters.
3. What does Clear All do in Difference Filters?
It removes all the difference-filter selections.
4. What does Restore Defaults do in Difference Filters?
It restores the difference-filter selection back to the defaults, as set by the administrator. The defaults are: Case, Change, Deletion, Hyphen, Insertion, Location, and Space.
5. What happens when I select Soft Hyphen in Difference Filters?
A soft hyphen is used in word processing to divide a word when it appears at the end of a line. Soft-hyphen differences can cause many undesired differences to show up in the report. By default, Text Inspection ignores soft-hyphen differences during an inspection to minimize the total number reported. To include them in your inspection, check the Soft Hyphen option under Difference Filters.
6. What happens when I select Line Break (Space) in Difference Filters?
End-of-line space differences could cause many undesired differences to show up in the inspection report. By default, Text Inspection ignores end-of-line spaces during the inspection to minimize the number of differences reported. To include end-of-line space differences in your inspection, check the Line Break (Space) option under Difference Filters.