1. What does Text Inspection do?
Text Inspection compares text content in your documents or artwork, detects the differences between a master and sample, and generates an inspection report. The inspection report is displayed in a web browser and can also be downloaded as a PDF report. The PDF report includes a detailed list of the differences and a highlighted document containing red-numbered tags associated with the differences.
Optionally, Text Inspection also:
- compares embedded images in PDF files and detects the differences between them.
- automatically decodes and grades barcodes.
- automatically detects and translates Braille regions and provides dot inspection information.
2. How do I inspect files with Text Inspection?
Click the Text Inspection icon at the top of the system. The Text Inspection selection screen displays.
- Click the Choose File (Browse) button to select and upload the Master file you would like to compare. Click "+" to upload multiple master files. Click "-" to remove files. See File Loading.
- Click the Choose File (Browse) button to select and upload the Sample file you would like to compare. See File Loading.
- Choose the option Remove Headers/Footers (Word files only) to automatically remove headers and footers in the documents, if required.
- Choose the option Correct Display Issues (PDF files only) if the fonts in a PDF file are corrupted.
- Specify an e-mail address of the person who is to receive the inspection report. The default is the currently logged-in user.
- Click Upload Files (Submit). The files load in the Master/ Sample Preview panels.
- Use text selection tools to specify the areas to inspect (if applicable). See Text Selection Tools.
- Click to the left of the Preview panels to expand the Options.
- Click Start Inspection. The inspection results display in the Report panel. See Generate an Inspection Report.
- Click Previous < and Next > to navigate through the differences. Use the Change Grid to view character changes. Use the Difference List to view all differences. Assign a default level and comment to a given difference by clicking on the corresponding column in the Difference List. See View and Proof Inspection Results.
- Click Save to save the report once all differences are reviewed. Click Download the PDF Report to view the report or Share Report to send the report to other users. See Report Options.