Hardware configuration is required the first time you connect the Scan360™ to a new computer.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Hardware Overview
- Hardware Setup
- Hardware Configuration
- Ethernet Adapter Configuration
* CCD Housing = internal area containing the CCD (charged-coupled device) scanner.
The following steps outline the hardware setup procedure:
- Place the Scan360™ scanner on a secure, level platform with minimal vibration.
- Connect the power cord to a power supply that complies with specifications.
- Then connect the power cord to the back of the Power Input.
- Connect the USB cable to the back of the USB Connection and then to the computer USB input.
Follow these steps when connecting your Scan360 hardware for the first time:
- Navigate to: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers.
- Confirm that the Ethernet and device drivers are present.
- If the devices are not present in the Devices and Printers panel, install the Ethernet and Canon device drivers and software contained on the USB key supplied by Global Vision Inc. with the system.
ETHERNET ADAPTER CONFIGURATION
Follow these steps to configure the Ethernet adapter:
- Navigate to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center.
- Navigate to the Unidentified network.
- Click on the Local Area Connection #.
Note: The number is subject to change depending on the amount of network connections on the PC.
- When the Local Area Connection # Status window is displayed, click on Properties.
- When the Local Area Connection # Properties are displayed, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- When the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties are displayed, click on Use the following IP address and match the settings to the values displayed below:
- Click OK under Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) Properties.
- Click Close under Local Area Connection # Properties.
- Click Close under Local Area Connection # Status.