This Braille Presence feature allows for the comparison of Braille dots from a BraillePoint scan to a Braille Presence template. The template may be created by extracting Braille dots from a pdf file or manually created.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Braille Presence Template Creation
- Creation of a Master Template from a PDF
- Creation of a Master Template Manual
- Braille Presence Comparison
- Comparison Report
BRAILLE PRESENCE TEMPLATE CREATION
The master template may be created in two ways:
- Extraction of Braille dots from a PDF
CREATION OF A MASTER TEMPLATE FROM A PDF
To create a master template from a PDF, complete the following steps:
- Click the drop-down menu and select . The file load dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Master PDF file and click . The Master PDF file is loaded in the PDF Viewer.
The file may require editing so that the Braille can be extracted. The following may be
performed using the PDF Viewer:
- Rotate the Braille region to the proper orientation (Braille is always read from left to right).
- Hide unnecessary layers or separations to expose all Braille dots.
- Crop the Braille lines or regions to extract.
The following table outlines the functions within the PDF Viewer:
- Click to extract the Braille. The message box is displayed with the option to save the extracted Braille as a template for later use.
- Click to save or to load the template in the Main panel. The Braille region is extracted from the PDF file and displayed in the bottom left of the Main panel.
CREATION OF A MASTER TEMPLATE MANUAL
To create a master template manually, follow the following steps:
- Click the drop-down menu and select . The Template Editor is displayed with one empty Braille cell to start creating the template.
- Select the dots in the Braille cell that correspond to the dot placement of an approved hard copy.
- The selected dots will be filled in white.
- Click the to add a Braille cell and select the dots that correspond to the dot placement for the next character.
- Click the to add an empty space and leave the cell empty.
- Click the to add a new line. Select the dots that correspond to the dot placement of the approved hard copy.
- Click when you are done to save the template.
The following functions are available once the templates are created:
• Click the drop-down menu and select to load an existing template in the main panel.
• Click the drop-down menu and select to edit an existing template.
• Click the drop-down menu and select to clear the template from the main panel.
BRAILLE PRESENCE COMPARISON
- Inspect a hard-copy sample or load a saved inspection to compare to the template.
- The main panel shows the comparison results between the inspected hard copy and the
The report displays the template name, Pass / Fail status, Braille language selected for
inspection, Presence and Inspection translations, and a snapshot highlighting Missing and Extra