The following topics are covered in this section:
- Inspection Setup
- Braille Region Selection
- Inspection Results
- Saving Inspected Image
- Loading Inspected Image
- Reset Batch
This section provides the information and steps required to perform a Braille sample inspection.
- Place the Braille sample sheet on the platen.
|Note: Maximum sample dimension is 210 mm x 279 mm (A4).|
- Secure the sample to the platen by placing the neodymium magnets on the 4 corners of the sample. Try to avoid placing the magnets too close to Braille dots.
|Note: Maximum sample height tolerance is 3 mm.|
- Select File ⇒ Preview from the menu bar or click the button on the toolbar.
- Inspection initialization process begins.
- Menu bar icons change to inspection mode.
- Platen retracts.
- A preview of the sample is displayed in the main screen.
BRAILLE REGION SELECTION
- Click the Setups button to select a new Setup if needed.
|Note: The name of the Setup selected is displayed on the Title bar at the top left corner.|
- Select the number of Braille line to be inspected from the Line options button.
- A maximum of 4 Braille lines per inspection are supported.
- Use the marquee tool to select the Braille region to be inspected by following the steps below.
- When selecting two or more lines, a second marquee alignment tool will be placed over the second Braille line. The second marquee alignment tool is used to determine the spacing between Braille lines.
- Use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom into the Braille region.
- Use the panning feature to center the Braille region.
- Place the mouse to the left of the top row of Braille dots.
- Click and drag the mouse to the end of the Braille dot region, keeping the marquee in-line with the top row of Braille dots.
- When inspecting Braille samples with 2 or more lines, ensure that the length of the marquee tool is as long the longest line of Braille on the sample.
- Release the mouse.
- The marquee tool will be placed over the selected Braille region.
- The marquee tool will only be placed over the first two lines.
- The marquee dots and marquee alignment arrows are in green. When selecting a marquee dot or alignment arrow, move the mouse pointer over the marquee tool until the color changes to yellow.
- Click and move the marquee’s left and right dots to position the blue line over the center of the Braille dots.
- Click the Marquee Dot Spacing Alignment arrow to adjust the lines over the center of the Braille dots.
- Click the Marquee Line Spacing Alignment arrow to adjust the lines over the second line of Braille to set the line spacing for all Braille lines to be inspected.
|Note: When selecting 3 or more lines for inspection, additional marquee tool images will be superimposed over these line(s). This allows for visual check of the line spacing and any possible variances between lines on the sample. These marquee tool images are not adjustable.|
- Click the button to inspect the sample and generate the electronic reading of detected Braille dots, Braille dot spacing and corresponding translated text.
- Once the inspection is complete, the and are displayed.
- Click Accept to accept the inspection.
- Click Reject to reject the inspection.
|Note: In Batch Mode, rejected inspection will be not included in the tabulated inspections.|
The main screen will display the Braille dot detection results once the inspection process is complete.
- Click the Information icon at the top right to view the Braille information details. See Braille Information for more details.
- Placing the mouse over individual Braille dots will display detailed information on the height and width of the Braille dot. See Braille Dot Information for more details.
SAVING INSPECTED IMAGE
To save the inspected Braille dot image, the following steps need to be performed:
- Select File ⇒ Save from the menu bar or click on the icon.
- In the browser window, select the desired location and enter a filename. Click the OK button.
|Note: Standard windows users will only be able to save inspected images in the system folder or folders that the System Administrator has assigned access to.|
LOADING INSPECTED IMAGE
A previously saved Braille dot inspected image may be selected and evaluated. The Braille dot image can be loaded using the following steps:
|Note: The supported file types are *.bpd files only.|
- Select File ⇒ Load from the menu bar or click on the icon to display a “Load a Saved Inspection” dialog box.
- In the browse window, select the desired file to load (*.bpd). Click on the Open button.
The system increments a counter for accepted inspected images. The counter may be reset to zero to start a new batch inspection.
- Select File ⇒ Reset Batch from the menu bar or click on the icon button.